Tuesday, March 10, 2009

UTAH!!!!!

My Aunt Yvonne's oldest daughter, Stephanie, got married on Friday, March 13, 2009. So, on the night of the 11th my dad, Gee, me, Chandler, Ethan and Chase left for Utah to attend and help with the wedding. Angie had to finish her shift at the hospital and both Ethan and Chandler had baseball practices on Wed. the 11th, so we couldn't leave until 8:30 pm. We, the Claycamps, haven't done the all night drive in a very long time. We did it but it sure wipes you out the next day. Kudos to dad and Gee for getting us there. I really wanted to take my turn but Chase wouldn't let anyone elst help him. We made a bed for the older two in the back of the van, like in the old days with us kids. Brought back memories! Ethan and Chan slept pretty much the whole way which was nice. We got there about 9 am. We were going to be staying in a hotel, but couldn't check in until 3pm so we hung out at Yvonne and Randy's house for a while. Dad and I slept for a little while and the boys played. The house was very busy with last minute preparations for the wedding the next day.
We finally got to check in to our hotel, Adam came over after work, and then we went to dinner. We went to the good old Brick Oven. Talk about memories! Went back to the hotel and tried to sleep. Chase I guess decided that he didn't need sleep. He was so exhausted but the only way he would sleep is if he was in bed with me and "attached". UGH! Needless to say I didn't get sleep this trip.
The next day was Stephanie's wedding. She married Justin Losee. He seems to be a very nice guy and they were very cute together. They were married in the Mt. Timpanogas temple. It was so nice to be able to go to the temple and leave everything noisy outside. I think everyone was feeling mom's absence that weekend. She was always the first one to want to help with weddings and planning parties. Yvonne said that she knew mom was on her shoulder helping her finish the wedding cake. (Which was beautiful) Anyway at the temple it was very nice to be at peace and feel mom's presence.

After the wedding they had a luncheon at Thanksgiving Point. It was nice. Then we had to head back to the Richins to help transport the cake, assemble it and help with getting the reception underway. (All things that mom usually did.) It was nice to be able to be there and help. Hopefully we were able to do that. The reception was very beautiful. It was held at a nursery. There were so many people. Somewhere between 400-500! Aunt Karen and Uncle Bill and Aaron, Kira and Andrea were in charge of the food. Dad, Angie and Adam helped with that. Since Chase wouldn't go to anyone he was my permanent barnacle so it was more difficult for me to help which was a bummer. I did however help with the cake. Angie and I cut the cake. A little scary, I've only ever watched mom do it. But I think we did just fine.
Two times that day when I had to have my arms free my cousin Jeff offered to take Chase. Jeff was the only one that Chase would go to and both times Chase went to sleep. It was fantastic! Thanks Jeff!
After the cake was cut they had dancing. My boys didn't get out on the floor until like the last song, but it was fun to dance in our chairs if nothing else. It was a great day and very pretty!








The next day we slept in and then Gee and I took the boys to breakfast. Then we went to the mall to look around. I told the boys they could get new shoes and I was trying to find a dress for Ryan's cousin wedding that is in April. Boys got their shoes, but of course nothing for me. Dropped off Gee at the hotel. Adam and Gee and their aged cousins went out for the night. So, dad, me and the boys went over to Bill and Karen's for dinner. You know when you go there for dinner you're gonna have a great meal. And, we did. It was just nachos but they just weren't nachos. They were very nummy and of course had the Staiger touch. Thanks Bill and Karen! Love you guys!
After the Staigers went back to the hotel and got ready to leave in the morning. Woke up and packed up. We left around 8:30 am California time. We got home about 9pm. The boys I thought did really, really great. Ethan and Chan were angel boys and Chase only melted twice and it wasn't for very long. I would have melted a lot more than that if I had to be held down in a car seat for that long. Thanks dad and Gee and Adam for all your help and thank you boys for being such good boys. The trip was short and exhausting but we still had a good time. I had a great time just seeing family again. Utah will always have a special place in my heart.
While we were gone Ryan and Evan stayed home and had a great time bonding. Between baseball practices and Ryan snowboarding for the first time and Evan getting to spend quality time with Grandma and Papa R. they had a very fun and busy weekend too.

1 comment:

  1. How fun for you guys!! What a quick trip..but fun! Wish I would have known you were so close..I would have made that trek too to see you!...as Scott was in Oregon! I am sure your Mom was there just watching over you guys and isn't wonderful to feel her sweet spirit in the beautiful temple? I am so glad you had a wonderful time in Utah..and I bet Ryan and Evan didn't miss you AT ALL!! :)

    ReplyDelete