Friday, February 19, 2010

MISSION SAN JUAN BAUTISTA!!!

So, even though Evan has been on home study for the last two weeks and out two weeks prior to that he has still had to keep up with all his school work. One of the assignments due while he's been out has been a report and model of one of the California missions. He was assigned San Juan Bautista located between San Fransisco and Monterey. As all of you parents know these big assignments like these also end up parent assignments so it was fun to do this along side Evan. It was interesting learning about the mission. Ryan, Evan and I worked together building the model to get it how Evan envisioned it. Evan got to do power tools by himself and he loved the hot glue gun. Wanted to see how and what could be stuck with it. So anyway it all turned out well and Evan was pleased. While we working on it a lot of memories came back to when I was in the 4th grade and did a California mission. Wow time flies! The teacher has them all on display in the school library- they are pretty amazing! Great job Evan!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome Evan!! You did a great job! I remember studying Missions as well, but I think I carved (my dad) :) one out of a bar of soap! Way to go! Now your mom gets to store that right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is sooo cool Evan. Grandma would be very impressed. How come you didn't use the sacrament cups covered in tin foil for the bells? Somehow I've gotta get my kids back to CA by the time 4th grade rolls around so they can live the CA mission experience... mine, San Luis Obispo. (I still remember mom helping me with the hot glue gun. It's a pretty cool tool.)

    Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRETCHEN!!!
    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. im evan bautista too, but that is the best castle ive ever seen.Mine was horible.

    ReplyDelete