Monday, March 9, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!

I had a great birthday! On my birthday Ryan's parents and aunt were out of town. So, on my day my side of the family celebrated with me and I celebrated with Ryan's side last night. It was great, I got to have an extra special extended birthday!



On my birthday our little fam, my dad, sister Angie (better known as Gee), brother Garrett and his wife Kristi and their kids Cody, Logan, and Emily all went to eat Mexican food for dinner. I have a definite weakness for Mexican food! It was really great to have everyone there. We missed the Reasbecks though.





After dinner we went out to the parking lot were I was flabergasted to see the masterpiece that Gee had made me for my b-day cake. It looked like it came straight from Food Network Challenge. She really put a lot of time into it and it truly was beautiful! Thanks Gee!
From there we all went bowling. Fun times. When we were younger mom and dad would always take us bowling as a family. Thankfully the fun times with the sport hasn't stopped now that we are older. Everyone has a blast and it's great to see dad still out there helping the grandkids (and the big kids) with technique. We got there at 8:30pm and didn't leave until closing at 11:00pm. It was a late night for the children but everyone had a great time!


I already mentioned I have a weakness for Mexican food. Well I also have a bigger weakness for these special tacos that my mother-in-law Cindy makes. OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! They are just tooooo much. This was the third year that I have asked for them for my birthday. We were going to have them all together but Reasbecks had to go out of town at the last minute so Cindy was nice enough and made them last night. Our family went over to Bill and Cindy's last night and we indulged in the best tacos on the planet! Ryan's Aunt Kathy and grandma Colleen came too. MMMMMmmmmmm! My mouth is watering thinking about them. I've been told that they are not hard to make just time consuming. So, I am very grateful to Cindy for taking the time to make them for me. It was fun to have Ryan's family there. Then we had brownies and ice cream for dessert. Wow was it a good night! Thank you Reasbecks and THANK YOU CINDY!!!!

3 comments:

  1. so glad you had a great time on your special day! Those tacos of Cindy's look so yummy! Can't wait to see you this summer....:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blog world. Glad to have a family member on board!

    ReplyDelete