Tuesday, March 17, 2009

ST. PATRICKS DAY AT THE REASBECKS

Well it is official. St. Patricks day for us is just a reminder how Irish we are not. I did buy corned beef and cabbage for dinner and the blog has cute St. Patties day decor but that is about it. I couldn't even get the boys to wear green today. I explained to them that today you usually wear green. I got, "It's not that big of a deal mom. Do we have to?" No , they didn't have to. I just hope they don't get tormented by everyone pinching them at school for not wearing green like they did when I was in grade school. Do they even do that anymore? And sadly, I don't own a stitch of anything green to wear. Oh well. Happy St. Patricks day everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like our house, except my boys wore green. :) They were very insistant upon the green clothing, as last year they got teased and pinched! We didn't even eat corned beef and cabbage this year! I have made it before, and since I am part Irish, I enjoy it, but no one in my family here does! Hope it was delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so disappointed! I wore green...I packed purposefully for it! BIll could've cared less though and so wouldn't let me even mention it to the kids...and he's 1/4 IRISH! That's our name sake! Oh well. Loved the pics from the wedding. Glad you got to go.

    ReplyDelete