Sunday, April 12, 2009

EASTER!!!

Easter started for us Saturday night doing our annual egg dying. No major spills this year of the dye! Woo-hoo!
Like every holiday that has a fun character that comes and leaves treats the night before I knew that the boys would be up early. And luckily we are not morning people so early for us is like 7am, so I knew that if I got up at 6:30am and got ready before they woke up we might actually make it to church at 9 am. We went to our parents' ward (it's nice that both sets of grandparents are in the same ward) this morning since our ward isn't until 1pm and right in the middle of when the Reasbecks wanted to have dinner. Sure enough the two older boys were up right at 7am and wanting to see what the Easter bunny had left. They had to wait a little while because we had to wake up daddy and Ethan. Poor Ethan always has to be woken up- on Christmas too! He truly is Ryan and my child. Got everybody up, we let Chase sleep, and headed out to the front room. The boys were elated. Easter bunny kept it simple this year and the boys were excited for their loot. They each found six eggs (plastic with a few coins inside) and then it was a rush to get ready and in the car by 8:40am.

We made it to church with time to spare. The speakers were great and so was the choir. It is still tender that mom isn't there to greet us and in actuality I think it will always be that way.

After church we went home to change clothes and grab our stuff. We went out to the cemetery and took some flowers for mom's headstone. The cemetery is truly a beautiful place. The scenery and view are amazing and I am sure she would have approved of the spot.
After placing the flowers we went over to Ryan's parents house. They had a full house. Aunt Kathy (Cindy's sister), Granny Colleen (Cindy's mom), Ryan's sister Laura her husband Dave and their son Taylor, Mary (Bill's sister) and her husband Ray, us and my dad and sister Angie were invited too. We had an egg hunt for the boys out in their backyard. The kids had a great time. Out of 36 hard boiled eggs we were only missing 1. Pretty good. Then a little later we had a ham dinner. And for dessert Kathy made pineapple upside down cake and carrot cake. MMMMM!! Overall it was a great day with lots of great things and people to remember and spend time with.

Chandler and Aunt Mary finding eggs

Ethan and papa Reasbeck

Grandma Reasbeck, Uncle Ray, Granny, Aunt Kathy, and Gee.

It was fun having part of my family there too. The boys love their Gee! It is also fun to see Chase and Taylor interact. They are only four months apart but what a difference four months make!
















Grandma Reasbeck got the boys some fun things for Easter too. One item were kites. Ethan wanted to do his sooooo bad but there was no wind so everyone kept telling him that it wouldn't work. Well he was bound and determined so to prove my point of it not going to work my dad got it ready for him to try. Well, he proved all of us wrong. He ran back and forth on the grass for quite a while and got it up! Way to go Ethan! What do a room full of adults know!? Chandler even got it up after he saw how much fun Ethan was having with it.

Ethan

Chandler

1 comment:

  1. My mouth is salivating looking at all the green! I know Heavenly Father has blessed me with finding beauty in the desert, and I truly do think it is the most beautiful places on earth until I see what we used to have...! I guess that it is simply just that, a blessing. A blessing to be grateful with what you have. I'm so glad you guys have beautiful spring. I realize yet again why dad laughs at me when I say how beautiful it is here. Just like people, God gave variety to the earth, and it is ALL beautiful. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete