Sunday, May 10, 2009

IT'S GREAT TO BE A MOM!!!


HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY EVERYONE!

Today was a great day! I got to spend it with my family and what's better than that? Church was very nice. They gave all of the moms strawberry shortcake! YUMMO!! After church we went out to the cemetery to place some flowers on mom's headstone. We miss her so much and especially today when we remember everything our moms have done and continue to do for us. My mom might physically not be here but I know that she is with me daily. All the things she taught me and the example that she was to me I hopefully am giving to my boys. It makes me very sad to think that my boys were so little when she passed away and her memory is quickly leaving Chandler and Ethan because they were the littlest in our family at the time. But I am comforted at the same time to know that her example and love continues through all of her legacy. My boys' aunts and uncles and grandpa, and hopefully Ryan and I, can help them remember what an amazing grandma she was here on earth and how she continues to influence us now from heaven.

Anyways, Ryan made a nice dinner and in general just made the day easy. I am so blessed to have been given my four beautiful boys! I am amazed daily how lucky I am. They are my light and I am honored to be their mom!

To all the moms out there who are family or friends, and those of you who don't have children of your own yet, you are all examples to me and my children. I love you for who you all are. And whether you know it or not you are all a huge support to me. YOU ARE ALL AMAZING!!

2 comments:

  1. That is a great pic of you with your sweet boys! They are so blessed to have you as their mom. I too think of your mom often and know she is missing you, but proud of all your wonderful Mothering talents she gave you. I know it is still hard and you miss her terribly. So wonderful though that we have the knowledge of the atonement and the feelings we have that we know we will see them again. Thanks for making me cry on your blog silly!!! :)

    ReplyDelete