Saturday, May 30, 2009

WICKED WITH GEE!!!

For my birthday this year my sister Angie, or Gee as she's known to us, gave me tickets to the musical Wicked in San Francisco. So, Gee and I left for San Fran Friday afternoon. We made good time, however traffic hit and took for ever to get over the Bay Bridge. We both wanted an ice cream sundae from Ghirardelli Square so we made our way towards the piers. I needed to eat something before ice cream especially since we wouldn't have another chance to eat till after the play at 11pm. So, we went to a fancy seafood place and got salad and soup. (cheapest things on the menu.) Then went over and got our hot fudge! YUMMMMO!!!! We were scarfing our sundaes at 7pm and the play started at 8. We weren't exactly sure how far the theater was so we hightailed it. We were doing great on time until we got stopped for about 10 or more lights, not moving at all, by some kind of bike ride parade thing. Very frustrating. We made it on time to the Orpheum theater. The musical was FANTASTIC!! I highly recommend it.
After the play we went to a hotel. It was nice to have a night away. Which reminds me Ryan had all 4 boys by himself! He did great. Chase only woke up once and everyone survived! Thank you honey for letting me go play! Love you!

Woke up the next morning and headed home. Gee had a cake to decorate and I promised Ryan that I would take Evan to his baseball game @ 5pm. Gee thank you for a great mini- trip! I had a fabulous time.

3 comments:

  1. YEAH! I'm glad you guys got to go AND had a good time. It looks like it was a lot of fun. The sundaes look worth the trip alone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gretch, next time our mini trip has to be longer. Maybe even more ice cream needs to be involved

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun for you!! What a great sister you have! I too have seen that Musical and it is great! One of my fav places is also Ghiradelli Square..ICE CREAM for sure!!

    ReplyDelete