Sunday, September 27, 2009

WOODWORKING!!!

So for a long time now the boys have been asking to work with wood to make something. They keep saying, "I want to build something". So, on Saturday I took them over to my dad's house and let them fill up on wood scraps. Ryan was working kinks out of his work computer so he couldn't help them until tonight. Evan and Chandler decided to make a small desk with a small seat. And, Ethan made a bird house. Ethan originally made a "birdhouse" out of a fruit roll up box but was getting very frustrated that no birds were eating his seeds inside. I tried to explain to him that the opening to the box was too small for a bird to get into. I guess he had more faith on the bird's ability to suck it in and squeeze through the opening because I was definitely mistaken on my assesment. (according to Ethan) Well, now with his new birdhouse he thinks he will catch a bird and have it for a pet. Once again I am trying to tell him that we can't catch the birds because they need to go back to their families. And once again I am wrong with the bird's feelings because according to Ethan the bird won't want to go back. (Ah, 4 yr. old innocence!) Oh, at one point Ethan was hammering a nail all by himself and doing a really good job getting it pounded in, and he says while hammering, "Yeah me!".Both projects turned out great! Great job boys! And thank you daddy for helping and being so patient with the boys!

2 comments:

  1. Very cool. It makes me want to build something. Gretchen, you've got to get them to Home Depot this Saturday... they'd love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! 3 boys under 10...and 3 hammers! You are brave!! :) Looks like they had a blast. My boys too have been bugging S about making "stuff" out of wood too! At least you signed off a lot of cub scout requirements there. For sure Bear and Wolf stuff!..oh..there's always beltloops! Hahaha

    ReplyDelete