Tuesday, September 8, 2009

ETHAN'S FIRST DAY OF PRE-SCHOOL!!!

Today was a big day for our E-man! Ethan started pre-school! He has been waiting for a very long time watching two older brothers go to school, have homework and bring home art to hang on the fridge. Well today he got to do all three. This is the same pre-school that Chandler went to so Ethan knew the drive there. We pulled up and he hopped out and started walking in by himself. I am used to having to walk in and stay for a while with Evan and Chan, so I was fully prepared to do so with Ethan. So, he starts going to the door without me. So I say, "Ethan don't you want me to walk with you?" Ethan- "Oh, um okay." So he politely waits for me already across the street while I get Chase out. I could clearly tell that I was definitely holding him up. We go through the door and I didn't have the child clinging to the back of my leg hiding behind me like I have had in the past. Ethan came in knew where to put his backpack, from watching Chandler I'm sure, and just found some toy all by himself. Well he was playing and I was talking to his teacher Ms. Emily and catching up on what we've been doing over the last year and I hear, "Mom?" (Me-) "Yes Ethan?" (Ethan-) "Will you just go?" I have never been so happy dropping off a child on the first day of school ever! I knew right then and there that he was going to be just fine. In fact, so fine that at that moment I was getting in his way of having his own school experience. Emily and I quickly ended our conversation and I was out the door. He wasn't rude or snotty just simply saying in his four year old way, "Mom, I'm good. Now leave so we can start school." So precious. Love ya E-man!!!
Ethan's first school art project! He says it's an egg, Ms. Emily says it was just a painting. I think I agree with Ethan.

Luckily I got this picture of Ethan, Chase and I before we were "asked to leave".

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome. So cool buddy.
    Love, Aunt Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too hilarious!! That is great he wanted you to leave! LOL. Wow! What are you going to do with just 1? for a little while!!!! Wish we lived closer...we could play. :)

    ReplyDelete