Wednesday, July 29, 2009

EVAN'S 9TH B-DAY PARTY!!!

We got home from camping Sunday night and Evan's birthday party was scheduled for Wednesday. We had put on the invitations that it was to be a pool party, however, on Sunday the pool wasn't even remotely close to being done. So, for the next few nights Ryan, his dad, my dad, my brother, friends, and I worked our butts off to get it done. It did get done. In fact, the pool was still being filled as the guests were arriving.
The water was freezing for them but they didn't seem to mind too much. Chandler

Evan

Logan and Ethan

Ryan and I stayed up to 3 am Wed. morning finishing up. There was still trim work that needed to be put on but hey the thing was holding water. And that is all that mattered.

Evan wanted a Transformers themed birthday. Thus, the cake with the autobot symbol. I keep thinking that I will run out of little boy birthday cake ideas, so far so good.


Evan had a great time. A lot of his friends from school came along with, Grandpa and Grandma R., Granny, Aunt Kathy, Kristi, Logan and Emily. Ryan and I can't believe we have a 9 yr. old. I still get teary eyed when I think back to everything we went through with Evan when he was born and how terrific of a young boy he is now. He is a great kid and we are so blessed to have him in our family. We love you Evan, and as you said,"Next year I'm in the double digits!" Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment