Monday, November 2, 2009

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

As usual Halloween was a lot of fun. The festivities started on Wednesday. Chandler had a field trip to a local pumpkin patch which Chase and I were able to go too. (Ethan was at pre-school) Chase got to pick out a pumpkin too. Later that afternoon everyone came over to carve pumpkins and help Gee make Halloween cookies. Garrett and Kristi and their brood was there. Matt and Dax and driven up that morning, and then us. Dad was on his way back from a Las Vegas/Utah trip. Oh, and Ryan had to go to Yosemite for a seminar. So once again like last year he missed the kids Halloween fun. We missed him.

Halloween day was busy but fun for the kids. Chandler had his last soccer game for the season. He is sooooo good! It is just so fun to watch him. He is sooo aggressive and just gets right in there. Its fun to see him chase down a ball and beat the one or two competitors that's chasing the same ball. If he stays with it watching him in Jr. High and High School will be very exciting! After the game Chandler's team got their trophies. Grandma Reasbeck had come with us to the game and afterwards treated us to lunch. The boys picked McDonald's. Not my choice by any means but the salad wasn't too bad. They say their nuggets are the best.?? Anyways, then after we came home put Chase down for a nap and Cindy stayed with the boys so I could go to the walk in clinic to have my right thumb looked at. I got some kind of germ, staph, strep something at the tip but under my nail and it took over my whole thumb. Couldn't bend, touch or hardly stand it. I barely hit it just right that morning and I have never experienced such pain. Thank goodness for good ol' antibiotics, I am slowly on the mend. While I was gone grandma and the boys played school and library. They had a great time. It's fun to see that my boys like to play like I did when I was younger. School, video store, grocery store, office, Price Is Right they were all great things to play and make my younger siblings play with me. (Thanks Garrett and Rachel for putting up with me. :) )
When I got back from the clinic it was time for a quick dinner of grilled cheese and top ramen and then a rush to get costumes on. The boys turned out great! I think this is the first year that we didn't have a theme for all of them. They all wanted to be different things and it was great!

Garrett and Kristi have always come to our neighborhood for trick-or-treating and this year they wanted to go to a neighborhood down closer to them. So we decided to go down with them this year. Dad and Gee met down there too.

Gee (a pirate wench) and Emily

The kids had a great time being with each other.
Ethan-Batman, Emily-leopard, Chandler-skeleton, Evan-Dr. Reasbeck, Cody-mummy, and Logan-Darth Vadar
Bill and Cindy were nice enough to stay at our house and hand out candy and watch Chase. Ryan made it home about 10:30 that night.

1 comment:

  1. YEA! Thanks for the post/picture update. I must say, that first picture of everyone carving pumpkins scared me. It looked as if Evan had put on about 50 pounds!!! Glad to see all the happy smiles.

    ReplyDelete