Saturday, November 28, 2009

OH CHRISTMAS TREE!!!

So today we went up to Lassen National Forest about a hour and a half away and went to go get our Christmas tree. We went up with Garrett, Cody and Logan. Kristi and Emily stayed home due to the fact that none of us wanted to deliver a baby in the snow, oh and Kristi just couldn't have handled the drive or the searching. So, I gritted my teeth and headed out to go find a beautiful tree. After last year's outing took soooo long I said I wouldn't go again. But it is a memory making event and I wanted to let the kids have a better experience than last years. So, we headed out and when we got there there was snow! A lot! Good thing we had borrowed dad's truck and Garrett had his because we were in four wheel the whole time. We got to a point that the trucks wouldn't even go any further so we all got out and hiked. We really haven't had any bad weather so I didn't plan on snow. So, unfortunately the kids didn't stay dry very long and then they were miserable. We did find our trees and then hoofed it back out. The kids were real troopers and we did it in record time. (Anything is probably record time compared to last year!) We were done in about two hours or less. Got back to the trucks had our left over turkey sandwiches for lunch and then headed home. Over all it was a fun time. Our poor tree though lost vital branches for its uniformity when we cut it down, so I'm not sure if all that hiking and cold is worth coming home with an ok tree. We might be doing the tree lot next year. Then again that is what I said last year too.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome Gretch! I loved both posts and I'm jealous that you got a picture of everyone at your Thanksgiving table. Everything looked wonderful. And the snow! How fun. We hear that more is headed your way early this week. Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow in Redding? Wow! That is crazy! ;) JK. Your Christmas Tree hunting experience reminds me of National Lampoon's christmas Vacation! :) You know you could come out here and have lots of snow all the time...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gretchen! I'm so glad you have a blog! Your Christmas letter was great, it's fun catching up with your family. Come visit my blog:
    the-corbridges.blogspot.com
    I've been a bit of a slacker with it lately, but it's almost a new year. It looks like you guys are doing great, we miss you!

    ReplyDelete