Friday, November 27, 2009

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

We had a great day! It started with the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. You just have to watch that on Thanksgiving. Everyone was coming to our house this year. So, we had to get up and get going. Started the stuffing and figured out where to cook the turkey. We were going to use dad's roaster oven so the big oven could be available for other things. However, the bag that the bird was in was sticking and thus burning in the roaster so we had to make last minute switches and then we were okay. Bird in big oven and then the roaster for other stuff.
Dad, Angie and Matt came and got Chandler to go play some football. Evan wasn't feeling well and Ryan had to help me out. Oh and Ethan was worried that another one of his teeth would get knocked out. (Seeing as it was the last family ball game that he had his tooth knocked out. Eventhough it was baseball then and football now he wasn't taken any chances.)
While I got things rolling Ryan started getting the lights up on the house. This is the earliest that he has gotten them up. Good job babe!

Everyone started showing up around 2pm. Dinner was supposed to be at 4 and we were only 1 hour late. Not bad if I do say so myself. Everything turned out nummy. Only mishap was my "foolproof" gravy for the first time backfired on me. My gravy has NEVER done me wrong, but ya of course @ my house on Thanksgiving while everyone is waiting for me. Lesson learned ALWAYS have some chicken broth on hand.After dinner we were all too stuffed to move and just sat around a while. Played half a game on dominoes and most of Cranium then had pie! Yummo! I think everyone had a great day and yummy food! Everyone was outta here by 10:30 and then I had to gear up to go out for Black Friday. My first time waking up so early. Got up at 2:15 am and was waiting in my first of many lines that morning @ 3am. Old Navy, Walmart (insane), Target, Rite Aid, and Shopko. Back home at 8am. I definitely need to go with someone next time. It's very lonely going out that early by yourself. But I got everything I went out for. YEAH!!

1 comment:

  1. Those pics look great! That turkey looked yummy too! I don't envy you with the Black friday stuff...this year I stayed home and did my black friday stuff on Amazon! :) I do think though that shopping that EARLY is best done with a friend!!! Nextyear...let's do it together!

    ReplyDelete